Thursday, June 11, 2009

"fast trail group"

Good shot of the trail running group I've been spending my Tuesday and Thursday mornings with for the past few months. In years past I'd be happy with just a nice, slow jog on those mornings. Then I started meeting up with this group, and the workouts were always pretty intense. Lots of mid-distance speedwork: fartleks, tempo runs, intervals, hill repeats. That group is the main reason I was able to bust out a 3:04 at Austin and a big reason I'll be running Hardrock a lot faster this year.

We now change locations and will be running every Tues/Thurs morning at Bear Creek Park.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

20 minutes is not ALOT faster!

As I was leaving the Thursday CRUD tempo run I looked up on the incline as did not see a soul. Looks like you are already in taper mode for HR -keep it up!

brownie said...

I did the Incline twice tonight.

How are those treadmill workouts goin' for you?

Unknown said...

You're only lying to yourself. The truth will come out in the wash...

See you Saturday at Waldo? Or do you have a road run planned?

MW said...

wow, the sausage to female ratio is horrendous.

brownie said...

That's because chicks tend to be slow.