Friday, November 04, 2005

Nickel Creek, Rocky Trails, and Slut's campout!

Big, big weekend coming up!

Was gonna head out to Burnet to camp tonight, but lucky for me Nicole won free Nickel Creek tickets! Great band, saw them once at Waterloo Records but they've gotten much bigger since then. So after work it's off to Lovejoy's for a few pints before heading over to Stubb's for the show!

Tomorrow at the ass crack of dawn (4:20AM, that early start will remind me of my Army days) Melissa and I are off to Inks Lake State Park (Burnet, TX) for the Rocky Trails marathon. My first trail marathon, I have to break 4:30 to win a case of Lone Star off Emily so I'll be bookin'. Hearing great things about the race, and have lots of friends going, so it should be a good time.

No rest for the weary, after the marathon it's off to La Grange for Slut Slingers 50th b-day/15th hashiversary/Full Moon 1 yr hashiversary/whatever else they could bunch into one weekend event! Woohoo! Good times, lots of outta town hashers I haven't seen in a while, looking forward to this one.

Once I recover Sun morning, Nicole and I are gonna bike Warda on the way home. Should be fun, good chance to scout the trail for the Cardiac 44 miler I have coming up there in two weeks.

Still having computer problems at home, I can get yahoo but not blogspot. Hence, the short, lousy posts lately. Bummer, 'cuz I'm starting to miss all the good pics on Late Night Drive Through's site, don't wanna get caught looking at them at work.

Time to go bust some more nurses.

2 comments:

PlaysByEar said...

4:30? Wow I thought you were faster than that. I guess trail marathons are that much slower huh?

Oh did anyone see if Pitt won last night? I didn't catch the game.

brownie said...

I've broken 3:00 on the roads before, trails are a different animal. As long as I beat Oprah's time and win my case of beer I'll be happy.