Wednesday, October 19, 2005

straights and curves and zax's

Today's workout was fairly easy. Runtex to the School for the Deaf for some "straights and curves," or what we used to call windsprints in high school. Short run due to Rocky this weekend. Was nice to open it up on the track though, it had been a while since I did that.

After the run both the Bandera and Freescale groups went over to Zax's. I usually go to Deep Eddy's on Wed for $2.50 Lone Star pitchers, but the Freescale group has quite a few hotties in it so I figured I'd head over there. Was drinking the Full Moon Coffee Stout, which was delicious, but at $4.50 a pint I damn near could have got two pitchers at Eddy's. And even with all of the women there, I still ended up bullshitting about Colorado running with some of the old Pikes Peak finishers. A buddy of mine had just returned from doing the Durango Double, and I may have to add that to my calendar next year. Great race, plus the race director is a hasher.

Worked out a game plan for Rocky this weekend. Should be able to set a PR as long as I don't tank in the last four or so miles, as I usually do. But I'm in a little better shape than I was when I did my last string of 50Ks, so we'll see. Supposed to be great weather.

Pub run tomorrow, looking forward to that. Especially the Posse East to Crown & Anchor leg. Should be quite a few people there. Funny that Timmy's girlfriend Brrrr and the rest of the hash has "discovered" this event and think it would be a good time. DOF, if you could take one for the team and make sure she doesn't show up I'd appreciate it. I never imagined she could be any more annoying, but now that she feels the need to do everything in sign language it's just more than I can take. Anyways, I don't have the heart to tell the rest of the hash that the pub run is a bit too physically demanding for most of the AH3 to be able to complete.

2 comments:

dayoldfish said...

yeah .... NO. I was really thinking about making it tomorrow, but if she is going to be there, ummm NO

brownie said...

It's gonna be a great one, you should show up. Hopefully she doesn't make it.