Sunday, October 23, 2005

Keller Williams

Went to the Keller Williams show last night. Amazing show! This guy's CDs just don't do him justice.

Keller Williams, not the house sales guy, is a great musician who plays all the instruments in the show. He'll lay down a bass riff, then record it onto a computer, then loop it. Same with the drums, keyboard, and whatever else he plays. Then he'll pick up an acoustic guitar and rock out. One of the best acoustic guitarists I've ever seen.

Played a lot of my favorite Keller stuff, including "gate crashers suck," and did some great covers of String Cheese, the Dead, and Bob Marley.

At one point I informed Social Retard (who is a HUGE Keller fan and had seen him in Dallas the night before), "Hey, this guy reminds me of Jack Black." She gave me a weird look and said, "No he doesent, you idiot, he's nothing like Jack Black." And wouldn't you know it, the very next song Keller played was a cover by Tenacious D! "I love you baby...But all I can think about is...Kielbassa sausage, your butt cheeks is warm!"

So, another great day in Austin. PR long run in the morning, great live show in the evening. Good times!

No comments: