Thursday, May 07, 2020

run commute 30

Sunday - 14 mile run on my COVID loop.  Followed by a 14 mile ride on the COVID loop.

Monday - currently dealing with a bum left knee.  Think I pulled or tweaked it or something.  It gets better, close to 100% when I hike or run, but hurts when I'm not using it.  Decided to take two days off from running to see if that did anything.  Did do some yoga, and got in my daily Tennessee 5.1 miles over three dog hikes.

Tues - early morning hour of biking in Red Rock Canyon before work.  Bike commute 35.  14 mile ride back home.  Since CityRock is closed, I have been going for an hour hike during lunch at the office.  That, and two dog walks, helped me get to 5.1 miles.

Wed - run commute 30.  5.5 miles through Sondermann in 45 minutes.  So damn happy winter is gone.  5.5 miles back home the same way.  And another 7.3 miles over three hikes, including down to Front Range after work for a burger and to-go beer.  Started the Jordan documentary and it validates my personal opinion that civilization peaked in the mid to late 90s and we are on the downside now.

I'm at 77.1 miles in my virtual race across Tennessee.  Approaching Laconia.  12.2% done.  The official website is a bit of a mess since approximately 18 million have signed up for the race, but the doc has been doing some good work of documenting the course.

I had planned on tagging along on the annual brewfest bike pub crawl this weekend, which had obviously been amended due to the lack of a beer festival.  Even had a campsite reserved in Lyons.  But then the town of Lyons cancelled that, and I decided to bail on the ride.  I think shit needs to start re-opening, but I'm still going to stick to El Paso County for at least two more weekends.  We have a van trip through Nebraska/South & North Dakota/Wyoming planned for Memorial Day and we are planning on breaking our quarantine at that time. 

No comments: