Friday, May 22, 2020

bike commute 40

Odd week for me without the running.  Lots of dog hikes, lots of riding to/from work via Red Rock Canyon, and I'm still hiking at lunch until CityRock opens back up.  Lots of yoga/stretching.  Knee seems to be improving a bit.  Will start running again on Wednesday. 

Currently 194.3 miles across Tennessee.  30% done.

Barr Trail Mountain Race cancelled today.  Was looking forward to doing the new Garden to Peak challenge (formerly the Triple Crown), but now two of the three races aren't happening.  I expect Pikes to cancel soon as well.

I do expect two of my races to happen - the Alpine 50 in Lake City in late August, and the Rut in Montana in early September.  And if (when) Chicago bows out I might be able to keep my Salida Marathon streak alive.

Van trip is on for the long weekend.  Seems like everything is open in Nebraska/South Dakota/North Dakota/Wyoming.  In some of those places I'm not sure anything actually closed at all.  We will be doing lunch at Flyover Brewing in Scottsbluff, Nebraska (my second time there - I drank a few beers there when I ran the Nebraska Monumental Marathon a few years ago) on Saturday and I'm guessing it will be pretty weird to go into a place and sit down to eat/drink. 

No comments: