Sunday, May 10, 2020

Bolivar

Wed - run commute 30.  Sondermann Park route both ways, 5.5 miles each.  Another 7.3 miles of hiking throughout the day.

Thurs - bike commute 36.  Awesome new route to work through Red Rock Canyon and Bear Creek Park.  Earlier that day the dog and I had been out and she ate something, and I could only get about half of it out of her mouth.  No big deal as this kind of thing happens on a lot of our hikes.  But later that day, $100, who was working a rare 1PM to 9PM shift so she was home, called to say the dog was acting strange.  Similar to the last time she got a hold of some drugs a homeless guy dropped.  We decided to see if things would pass.  When I got home at 5PM and she wasn't there to greet me at the back door, I knew something was up.  I found her in the living room and it was terrible - she couldn't move and she was looking at me with fear in her eyes and I felt like she was also trying to apologize for not coming to the door to greet me.  Immediately called my vet and then took Holly to the dog ER.  I was really worried this might be it.  But the clinic worked their magic, gave the dog an injection of other drugs, and Holly has been recovering fairly well.  The vet did have a chat with me about the possibility of Holly eating one of the poisoned meatballs that some loser has been leaving around the Westside lately, but there's no way to tell if that is what happened.

Fri - the dog didn't sleep at all on Thurs night and I stayed up with her, and I ended up taking the day off to hang with her.  Did sneak out for my 7.4 mile Garden trail loop in the afternoon.  Holly made slow but steady progress in the right direction all day long.  The dog is single-handedly trying to bring the USA out of the current economic hardship - this is her second vet visit during quarantine and the total bill sits at $1000.

Sat - the dog continues to get better and we got out for a 1.5 mile hike before I headed over to Cheyenne Canon.  Ran a good loop there which included some new to me trails and summits of Muscoco and Cutler.  8.8 miles with 2500 feet of gain.  Knee was not happy with the downhills though.  Later on Saturday $100 made it out to the hash, complete with special social distance rules.


For the week:

run - 41 miles
ride - 54 miles
hike - 28 miles

I'm at 99.8 miles in the Virtual Race Across Tennessee.  Near the town of Boliver.

The guitar playing continues.  I'll move to level three on Fender play this week.  The chords are still sloppy but slightly improving. 


Writing this on Sunday morning and the dog seems to be approaching 100%.

2 comments:

GZ said...

Stoked for you on Fender Play. Sorry about your dog.

We Takurosu said...

Appreciate thiis blog post