Tuesday, May 21, 2019

run commute 32

Fri - nice 7.5 mile run on the Garden roads in 67 minutes.  Afterwards we packed up the van and headed down to the Royal Gorge in Canon City.  Good afternoon hike with the dog exploring that area.

Sat - rode the JV event of the Royal Gorge Six & Twelve.  Ended up getting a 50k in before pulling the plug.  Doesn't sound like much, but I was pretty beat up mentally and physically.  Had I gone all balls out I probably could have squeezed in four laps, but after stopping at the beer tent after each lap there just wasn't enough time left for me to squeeze in another lap.  Really enjoyed the vibe of this race and there's a good chance I'll head down to Taos for their South Boundary BigRide in August.

Sun - pretty beat up but I still got a good run up to No Name Creek on Barr Trail.  8.7 miles in 1:43, hitting No Name in 65 minutes.

Mon - run commute 32.  Five miles to work in 43 minutes.  Then some shitty weather blew in.  I wasn't ready for it on the way home and I endured a very shitty 30 minute run home in freezing temps and a snow/slush mix in shorts and a short sleeved t-shirt topped by an old cotton Pb100 sweatshirt.

Tues - not looking good today.  Only took the dog out for 30 minutes due to weather.  Then I had to shovel the walks.  WTF???  Bike commute 31 was quite the pain in the ass.


Super heavy, wet snow.  Lots of downed trees.  The view from my office when I arrived:


3 comments:

The Padre said...

Hot Damn Brother Pitt!! What A Radicle Commute!!

Epic Rides put together another amazing weekend. We did have a little bit of snow but nothing wet and heavy. Try and put the 30 miler on your calendar for 2020.

Stay Strong,
Cheers

brownie said...

Padre, we will be coming out your way in September!

LK said...

Would really appreciate it if you could put an end to all that snow before next weekend. I'm threading the needle between the crappy 100 degree ATX temps coming soon and the snow in the Springs. Will be there full-time in t-minus 7 days!