Monday, May 27, 2019

7.8 sign

I have finally beaten that cold but it completely wrecked my body.  I'm actually physically sore from all the coughing and shivering.

I did get out to Barr Trail on Sunday.  I've been doing mostly MAF stuff since I got my new fancy watch back in early March.  I try to keep my heart rate at 140, and given the physical state I was in that meant this "run" was mostly a hike.  But it was nice to get outside and join the approximately 1.4 billion people enjoying the mountain on the holiday weekend.  Ended up covering 11.4 miles in 2:49.

I cut the run half a mile short so I could grab some custard and chat with a local legend.  Matt said that over the past 6.5 years he hasn't run less than an hour a day.  Every day, no rest days.  Of course I asked him about a return to the race and he said "never say never, but probably not."  Dude seems really happy just going out and running.  I see him running from time to time, and he is still fast as fuck on the trails.  And the chocolate avalanche with cookie dough he made me was fantastic.

On another note, my diet since Thursday has consisted only of ice cream and sunkist soda.  I should probably start eating some food at some point.

My wife had no sympathy for me and my lameness this weekend and she went out and crushed it:


2 comments:

GZ said...

SERIOUSLY jealous.

MtUnpaved said...

It's good to have a wife like that! Helps to keep us honest. Wish I made time to run an hour every day.