Thursday, May 02, 2019

run commute 29/April

Sat - saw a cover band called Steely Dead at the Sheep on Friday night, needless to say I was a bit hungover on Saturday but after a 5k hike with the dog I got in a good two hours (14.6 miles) on my Midland/Santa Fe/Sinton/Garden loop.  After that I hopped on a bus to downtown, where I hopped on another bus to get to downtown Denver.  $100 was working up there, so we met up for some Sancho's time and then caught the Bluegrass Generals at Cervante's.  Such a great show!  After the show I still had enough left in the tank to close down Sancho's.

Sunday Funday - we spent the night in Denver and got breakfast at Tom's.  Then I dd'd a brewery tour as we hit Burly, Pikes Peak, Red Leg, and Fossil.  Good times.

Mon - recovery.  Bike commute 25. 

Tues - still a bit off from the weekend.  Did manage a good lunch session at CityRock and a 5.5 mile garden run after work.

Wed - run commute 29.  Found $1 on the run to work, so there's that.  CityRock 53 at lunch.

Decent month for April.  Highlighted by the sub 90 at Platte River, two decent Barr Trail runs, and quite a few good mountain bike rides.

Run - 164 miles, 28 hours
Bike - 200 miles, 24.5 hours
Hike - 70 miles, 28 hours
Climb - eleven sessions at CityRock

2 comments:

The Padre said...

Dig Those Miles Brother Man!!

I am way intrigued with Steely Dead. Thats A New One On Me?!?!!?

If I lived on the Frontstrange, I would be broke as a joke.

Keep Plucking Away And Adventure On,
Cheers

brownie said...

Steely Dead was awesome. They are lead by Dave A'Bear, a dude who used to play in the Jerry Garcia Band. I think they just play on the front range from time to time.