Thursday, September 01, 2016

bike

Still having fits with the cankle.  The swelling is down, but the pain is still there.  Still a ways off from running.  Been hiking the dog a lot, that hurts but it's manageable. 

Biking on it is fine.  I rode the Rampart Rager 100K gravel grinder on Saturday with no ill effects.  Rode to work on Wednesday, returning home via Cheyenne Canon.  Even got up early today to get in an hour of singletrack in Red Rock Canyon.  All this riding has me thinking of trying my hand at the 12 Hours of Penitence in early October.  We shall see.  Part of me would like to race again, but part of me is really glad to be done with big races for the year.

We have already paid for our Maine vacation, and finishing the Mt. Desert Island marathon hopefully won't be a problem, though I'm guessing my time will be on the wrong side of four hours.  Even slower if there is beer on the course.

And I signed up for adult bouldering league at CityRock again!  Starts late September!

No comments: