Wednesday, June 01, 2016

May

192 miles running, 463 on the bike.  Pretty good month coming off the cankle injury.

Also have a new watch that tracks walking, got in 36 miles there.

Dirty Kanza is Saturday and I'm as ready as I can get.  Course looks to be in good shape, at least compared to last year.  No idea how this is going to shake out as it's by far the biggest ride I've ever done, but I feel confident that barring any major mechanical issues I have a pretty good shot to finish.

Been a wet year so far.  $100, the dog, and I did a quick loop in Red Rock Canyon yesterday, in the rain, and everything is so green.  And I heard Pikes got even more snow last night.  I saw Ron at Bristol on Saturday and we were joking about how he would have to shovel a path up to the top for his race this year.

3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

How long you figure the 200 will take you? I thought maybe it was 200k and just read it's miles. Damn.

brownie said...

You have to keep a 10mph pace, so anything under 20 hours will be fine for me. The race is actually 206 miles long in 2016, the course changes slightly every year.

Bob Johnson said...

Drink lots of Kansas beer (assuming there is Kansas beer).