Monday, June 27, 2016

Lake City

I was able to notch my 7th finish down at the San Juan Solstice on Saturday, coming in just under 14 hours.  A bit slow for me, but given my lack of long runs over the past year it was about what I expected.   Pretty happy that I was able to keep moving the entire day, with no big breaks for the first 40 miles (I took longer breaks at mile 40, 45, and 49.9 to drink beer).  Probably hurt just as much as Kanza, but I have a lot more experience dealing with long runs and overall this mostly felt like yet another good day in the mountains.

We hiked Handies on Sunday.  So much more pleasant without throwing the entire Hardrock course into the mix.  Looking across American Basin from the top, it seemed like a lifetime ago that I had the desire to do shit like that.




No comments: