Tuesday, June 14, 2016

home again

Back in the Springs after a debacle of a time trying to get home last night.  Thought we'd be home by 10PM, but it was well past 2AM by the time we crawled into bed.  Seems there was some bad weather in Denver that delayed just about every airplane ever built.  Still don't see why some locals prefer to fly out of Denver than COS, that drive home after the flight lands is rough.

Kanza was a much harder event than I prepared for, and it has taken me a bit to recover.  And then, just as I was able to start running, we headed to Wisconsin and I ate all the cheese and drank all the beer.  I actually did get some good running in - a hard four miler around Devils Lake, a speedy (for me) 15 miler on the 400 Trail, and an easy hour on the Madison bike path on Sunday - but otherwise it was a very unhealthy weekend.

Not at all ready for Lake City but I'll give it a go anyways.  Figure I'll be somewhere around 14 hours, much slower than the 12 hours I usually shoot for, but given what's been going on with my running lately I'll take it.

No comments: