Wednesday, June 01, 2016

graduation

Was bummed that I had missed out on tickets for the AF graduation tomorrow, but a co-worker came through.  President Obama is speaking.  I always try to go see the president, whoever it is, speak.  I saw Bush II (who I greatly disliked, due to the fact his decisions wasted a year of my life, though I couldn't imagine saying some of the disrespectful words you see nowadays towards that position) and this will be my second time seeing Obama.  If I can get some face time with El Pres I'll lobby him to open up the Academy trails to the public.


Oh yeah, there will be some airplanes there as well.  The hat toss/flyover thing ain't easy to pull off.


3 comments:

GZ said...

Right on man.

The Padre said...

Yo Pitt, Huge Congrats Being Up Two Games!!

What I know about the GJOR and this is my own opinion here........ Dave Grossman ( Race Director ) posted on CrackBook about "parting" ways with Epic Cycles and then went on to talk about how the City blew him off, BLM playing games with the permits, and everyone wanted more money because of the success from the past events. I looked for the past posting on his page but was unable to find/copy/paste for accountability purposes.

Again, my opinion was that he was airing dirty laundry as a justification for the "parting" ways. The rumors have soared and even you fine folks have heard NO MORE Race. Todd Shadow ( I believe the owner of Epic ) posted on CrackBook regarding the numbers and other positive aspects from the whole weekend experience. Todd indicates that the GJOR is alive and thriving and WILL be back next year as part of the Tri-Event Series. Thats Prescott, GJ, & Carson City.

Only time will tell, which means, See You In 2017 Brother!!
Go Penguins

Jeff Valliere said...

Well put. Sorry to have missed out on this one, it was not even on my radar and I did not get the invite this year. Darn. Was fun to see you last time though.