Sunday, August 30, 2015

Salsa demo day

$100 and I went up to Buffalo Creek on Saturday for a Salsa bike demo the company was having.  I rode $11,000 worth of bikes.  I'm a big Salsa fan so I knew I was going to be impressed no matter what, but it was pretty sweet to ride some of the higher end bikes they have.

First up was one I'm actually thinking of buying.  The Mukluk.  Sort of the Nike Waffle Racer of the fatbike world.  Got to take one out for an hour.  And since the Muk was in play to add to my quiver, I had to stop for a beer along the ride.


After that ride, I just borrowed as many expensive bikes as they'd let me.  Got to roll around on the Bucksaw, a dual suspension fattie.  Awesome, but just way too much bike for me and my bank account.


Then I took out one last dream ride.  If I won the lottery the Cutthroat would probably be the first bike I bought.  I just don't do enough road riding to justify it though.


As an added bonus, the Salsa rep had a cooler full of Grain Belt.


The whole purpose of the trip for me was to ride a Mukluk, and make a decision between the Muk and the Beargrease as my next bike.  After a good time on the Muk, I think I'm going to go with the Beargrease.  A much more fitting bike for what I do, and the price point will be much better for my marriage.  So yeah, hopefully within the next month I'll have this puppy in my garage:


Of course, all decisions on bikes are subject to change several times a minute until I actually pay for the thing.

My all time favorite bike remains the Mariachi, and it was pretty awesome to talk to the rep about his ride of choice:


$100 doesn't brag every single time she goes outside like I do, and has been riding the same crappy entry level trek for over half a decade now.  But I saw her face on a certain bike, and I wouldn't be surprised if she had one of these before too long:


No comments: