Tuesday, August 04, 2015

July

Run - 210 miles, 45.5 hours
Bike - 284 miles, 32 hours

Meh.  Good numbers, padded by the 100K.  But I don't feel I've mentally returned from the several week break I took due to the bike wreck.  No idea how Pikes is going to go.

On Saturday I helped out with an aid station at the Pikes Peak Ultra.  Originally this was supposed to be a water only aid station, but we decided to go a bit above and beyond.  Not pictured is the nine pounds of bacon we had with us.







2 comments:

GZ said...

Coke, PBR and fireball. Yeah, that is a bit more than a h20 only station. Goon on ya.

brownie said...

Had cans, as one of my pet peeves of aid stations are the tiny shot size paper cups they make you drink coke out of. I would have won Never Summer but I wasted six hours just refilling those damn small cups.

Only one runner took beer (the same guy had two beers). Very weak field.