Sunday, January 11, 2015

weekend

Good weekend on the running front.  Kircher came down on Saturday and we got up to No Name Creek and followed that up with a trip up the Incline.  Total shitshow on Barr Trail with all the ice.  We saw a disturbingly large amount of blood on both the Incline and Barr Trail.  Here's a pic of me bombing back down the hill.  13 miles on the day, just over four hours.


As I was approaching the false summit on the Incline, I saw some kid, shirtless and in road running shoes, flying down the Incline.  I thought to myself, "if he doesn't slow down immediately, he's in trouble."  Sure enough, dude hits some ice and loses control.  Slides pretty far down before he's able to stop, lots of blood on his hands.  He got up and continued down so I didn't think much of it.  Then on my way back down Barr, I see the guy on the side of the trail, waiting for the firefighters/SAR guys to come get him.  Turns out he separated his shoulder.

Manitou Brewing post run, followed by a hike with the dog in Red Rock Canyon and a trip to Fossil Brewing, then $100's graduation party at Red Leg.  Not a bad Saturday.  $100 got to do a keg stand.


Of course I was hungover as hell on Sunday, but still got a good dog hike in over in the Garden, before a very slow ten miler which included my first trip back to Rampart Range Road since the Waldo fire.  50 miles on the week, which included two rest days.

Semi-Rad always writes good stuff, but sometimes I swear he's writing about me.  Most people who read his blog think the same thing, he just has a gift that allows him to relate to a lot of the outdoorsy type folk.  I've had a similar Pearl Jam experience over the past 2+ decades.  I got into running right at the time Ten was released (and ran many, many miles listening to the album on my sony cassette walkman), and PJ is a band that has had a profound effect on my life.  Read the Eddie Vedder essay here.

No comments: