Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thursday

Been horrible for running lately.  Those who didn't bother to shovel their sidewalk when it snowed (O'Day, Carson, probably Caughlin even though I don't go near his part of the 'hood...) now have ice rinks out there, and the part of the road I would run on is a mess.  Plus it's dark, and cold, and obviously my vagina really hurts this time of year.

Making it happen as best I can, though, getting out for quick runs of 30-45 minutes when I can, supplementing that with trips to the gym.  Took this morning off from running and hit the weight room.  Should be sunny and in the 50s today, so hopefully all this stuff melts.

Stole this off the interwebs.  Most mornings, this is the 1.1 mile mark for me.  It's in Rock Ledge Ranch, which I run through right before I get to the Garden.



Had a Fixie Dave sighting while driving home last night:


Dude rides NO MATTER WHAT!  Not even sure he owns a car.  I would have rode yesterday, but I had to go to Castle Rock for a meeting (which allowed me to drop by Pikes Peak Brewing on the way home!).  But Fixie Dave doesn't even use that as an excuse, as he quite often rides from the Springs to Denver.  HFC.

My rock gym, CityRock, got a bar!  It will definitely cause me to head to the gym more often.  Not sure how much it will help me become a better rock climber, however.  Official name of the bar is The Ute & Yeti.


3 comments:

Bob Johnson said...

You try that New Belgium Slow Ride I see in that tap lineup?
NB is not available in PA but it is in MD and worth the drive, in my opinion.

brownie said...

Tried a taster, it seemed pretty decent. They were having issues with the keg so I didn't get a full pint.

I'm a big New Belgium guy and I loves me some Fat Tire.

Bob Johnson said...

We did the tour back in August and it was top notch. Spent so much time at NB we didn't get to the other Ft. Collins breweries we wanted to hit. Next time.