Sunday, January 04, 2015

weekend

Two solid runs this weekend.  Ten miler on the Garden roads on Saturday, then my first trip up the Incline on Sunday.  Cold and lots of ice so the pace was on the slow side, but it was nice to get out for more than an hour, which I haven't been doing much of since August.  90 minutes on Saturday and 2.5 hours on Sunday.  Also hit hot yoga on both weekend days.

Have a few new beer challenges for '15, but nothing like last year.  I'm going to take at least all of January off from worrying about posting beer to facebook.  I don't have FB on my phone to keep me from constantly staring at it when I'm out and about, so it's kind of a pain in the ass getting a photo from my phone to social media.  I know, first world problems.  Pretty happy that this is currently one of the biggest issues I face in life.

Friday we hit the new Gold Camp Brewing Company on South Tejon and then went over to Fieldhouse Brewing.  On Saturday I had a few beers at Red Leg and then hit Fossil Brewing.  As I type this I'm enjoying a growler from the Ouray Brewery.  So don't fear that my lack of beer pictures means I'm giving up the sauce.

Also hit Manitou on Friday for a Dead cover band.  Had one of these at Kinfolk's pre-show:


8 comments:

GZ said...

So what is that challenge? I think I saw something about 50 tossed in there? Is it 50 beers in 50 states in 50 hours with a 50 miler in each while listening to that 50 cent guy?

brownie said...

One of the challenges is to see how many of the 50 states you can drink a beer from. Another is to see how many of the free coupons you can us e from the Colorado brewery map. If I decide to go in on either I'll start worrying about it in mid February when I take my first road trip.

Speaking of beer, don't you owe me one since I had more Inclines than you had Greens? Hell dude, I tried to let you win, the incline was closed most of the year!

GZ said...

Yes, it is true. I think it is a sixer though and not just one. I guess you get one for each of the Greens I did.

I might be game for the 50 in 50, but I may modify it to count other countries.

Jeff Valliere said...

What about a beer for each of the Greens that I did? ;)

Bob Johnson said...

Isn't this unfair since GZ has to drive to get to Green?

brownie said...

JV, pretty sure I've had more than 1000 beers since you started climbing Green. How 'bout you do a Green for every beer I drink?

The bet was unfair, but GZ was aware of that when he agreed. UConn guy, not the brightest bulb in the pack.

GZ said...

Technically it was break even on 14 as I had more Green's (54) than JT had Inclines in 2013. 14 was a double or nuthin' sort of thing. I figured it was fair given the Incline was closed most the year, and JT doesn't run if it is colder than 50 degrees.

Jeff Valliere said...

Brownie, no way, I would be injured and divorced in just a few short weeks.

GZ, the incline is a walk not a run, so he still might walk when it is below 50. Do they make an insulated full brim hat?