Friday, January 09, 2015

still here

Monday - Six miles in the AM, five in the PM, over in the Garden.  Rode to work.

Tuesday - Five in the AM, four in the PM, again in the Garden.  Rode to work.  Y at lunch.

Wednesday - Weird weather in Colorado.  Shorts on Tuesday, too cold on Wednesday.  Stayed inside all day, hitting the Y and CityRock.  Super important meeting of the Old Pueblo team at Red Leg in the evening.  That is going to be one helluva weekend.

Thursday - 5.5 miles on the Garden roads in the AM.  Pure Bouldering with Team RWB in the evening, followed by some recovery beverages at Fossil Brewing.  Speaking of Fossil, I'm going to check out this event next Thursday.
I was told the talk would only be 20ish minutes long, just enough time to be interesting and not get super boring.  Plus, I can't wait to try the peanut butter stout!

Friday - nothing yet.  Was about to head out to run, and when I checked the weather it was 8F with freezing rain.  I confirmed this by looking out the window.  So I went back to bed for half an hour and am currently updating my blog and chugging coffee instead of running.  Rio '16 here I come!

Signed up for another bike race this morning.  ERock Sunrise to Sunset.  Different venue this year, at that new fandangled park they built in Castle Rock.  Had a lot of fun at this last year, and it was the first time I covered 100 miles on a bike.  The goal this year will be to ride longer than I ever have before (104 miles at Leadville)  BEAT SHAD!

It also looks like I kinda might be in for the Bailey Hundo?  They don't make it very clear, but I think as long as I keep throwing money at them I should be good to go.  Seems like a fun race not too far from the house so I'm pretty psyched for this one.

Good weekend coming up.  Winter Series I is Saturday morning at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.  Think Kircher and I are going to get together for some pre-race miles if anyone is interested in joing us.  Saturday evening is $100s graduation party at Red Leg.  All are welcome, show up around 7:30PM if you want to drink some beers.  We have a keg of the Howitzer Amber, but with our friends that won't last long and then you'll be on your own for brews.

3 comments:

Chris Boyack said...

I checked out the Hundo, looks like fun - but tough to get in! I'm in for ERock if I don't end up doing Bryce 100. At any rate, I need an excuse to get back on the bike a bit. Thanks for the heads-up.

brownie said...

I don't think it's tough to get in as long as you're willing to commit to the $250 donation to charity.

Chris Boyack said...

Hmm, I'm good with that for sure. I guess I need to check back after the Feb. deadline once all of the previous year's riders have had a chance to reclaim their spot. Looks like a great race/ride.