Sunday, January 18, 2015

Castle Rock

Wednesday and Thursday had me in Castle Rock and Denver for various work meetings.  Used the Castle Rock trip to goad the office into trying the new mini-Incline.  Pretty cool park they have there.  Runners often cry over bring out of shape, definitely myself included.  "Christ, I went 19:45 for that 5K, I'm so out of shape."  Or, "I really struggled on that 20 miler, I need to get my ass back in shape."  But you do the Incline with office folks who really are out of shape, like no-physical-activity-whatsoever-for-decades out of shape, and it puts things in perspective.  Anywho, I went 2:25 for a slow walk up the thing.  200 steps, compared to 2000+ for the Manitou Incline.  Could be the new mascot for North CRUD, it really makes the effort but it's just not close to the badassery we have down here in the Springs.

  
Thursday evening a bunch of us headed over to Fossil Brewing.  $100 was super stoked for the release of a small batch of the Strata Stout, a milk stout aged on peanut butter.  Pretty solid brew, though after a few I switched back to the Mammoth IPA.


Once again there was no FKT set for the Fossil-to-brownie's house route.  Too much time spent at the Red Rock Lounge aid station.



1 comment:

mtnrunner2 said...

The Mincline is awesome. First time I've heard of a town plagiarizing another's historic ruins for recreational purposes.