Tuesday, July 01, 2014

June

Running - 204 miles, 46.5 hours.
Biking - 300 miles, 29 hours
Hiking - 14.6 miles, 4:45
Strength (rock gym/YMCA/yoga) - nine times

Solid month, and I'm starting to feel the fitness coming around.  Probably not biking enough, but I'm doing all I can with the time I have. 

Some great runs in June.  36 miles with Shad at Bighorn, Pikes via Elk Park, a sub 70 at the Garden, a strong Leadville marathon, and a trip to Barr Camp.  Definitely enough to put me in position to get through the hundred mile run.

Not sure about the bike.  Rode the 100K on the 1st, the day after my first 100 miler.  Had a 50 mile ride up to Pikes Peak Brewing.  And an awesome four hour slug out at Buff Creek on Saturday.  Is this enough to get through the hundo bike?  I have no idea.  I think (hope) so.  I'll know a lot more after Silver Rush weekend I suppose.

4 comments:

Jeff Valliere said...

29 hours to bike 300 miles? Were you pushing it? ;)

Unknown said...

That seems like good mileage on the bike for someone that works full time and runs over 200 miles per month (and drinks a shit ton of great beer). But running, riding, and drinking beer are synonymous to me.
I just starting riding about ten days ago for the first time in 7 months and the the last two rides I did were easier than the first two. Then again my rides have only been in the 20 to 25 mile range.
Bob

brownie said...

JV, just because you can push two kids in a stroller faster than I can ride a bike doesn't mean you have to be an a-hole about it!

Most of my rides are in the 20-25 mile range, with a longer one thrown in once a month. That's what I'd run if I were training for a hundred, so I'm hoping that holds for the bike as well.

Jeff Valliere said...

Hey, we all do a little hike a bike from time to time, I certainly have plenty, no shame in that!