Wednesday, July 02, 2014

beer 183


I swear this run on Wyoming beers will end sooner or later.

Quick three miles on the bike to work.  Awesome commute home - up Cheyenne Canon, up High Drive, down Cap't Jacks, down the Chutes, Stratton Open Space, and home.  Wanted to hit Bear Creek Park and Red Rock Canyon but I was already late on getting the dog her supper. 19 miles, 2:15.  Give me a break JV, it's friggin' hard getting a heavy mountain bike to the top of High Drive.

Cap't Jacks is one of the most popular MTB trails here, but I don't enjoy it at all.  It's mostly everything I don't like about mountain biking - lots of speed, lots of steep downhills, and lots of loose gravel, all combined with the fear that I'm about to crash.  Probably good training for the downhill portion of Powerline though.

Hit the DIM hash on Monday for a romp around Manitou.  Nacheaux wasn't there, but that didn't stop us from breaking into her house and drinking her beer!


No comments: