Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Green Man

A while ago, back when all I was hearing were rumors, I posted something about the Green Man taproom.

I have been there a few times, and I've never really said anything bad about them.  I really, really wanted them to succeed.  But even after several months the service was shoddy at best and the average wait time to get a drink, no matter how empty the bar, was still way too high.  It's fairly obvious that the folks there aren't quite ready for prime time.  But hey, it's a bar that used to be a church, and in the Springs I think that's pretty awesome!

But then I got word that there was a cease and desist letter sent to a local beer blog, Focus On The Beer.  I'm not the biggest follower of that blog, as I don't use words like "nose" and "palate" when talking about my beer drinking.  But the guys are cool and they do great things for the local beer community.

Here's the article that prompted the lawyers.  Remember kids, when you post something on the interweb, it's there forever!

It's actually not that bad of a review.  And everyone you talk to down here says the same thing about Green Man.  "I really, really want them to succeed, but...."  You would think the folks in charge might listen to some constructive criticism.  Or maybe use some of their legal moolah to hire an extra bartender.  But I guess not.  Of course, when you steal your name and logo from another brewery, you probably need all the lawyers you can get.

This is the last straw though, I won't be back to Green Man.  Lawyers chasing after local beer swilling bloggers?  Bush league.  If I want a downtown taproom experience, I'll go drink my beers at Brewer's Republic. 

FYI, this review of Green Man was spot on!

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for the link love! It was a pretty weird ordeal...

mtnrunner2 said...

Using lawyers to shut up your critics is pathetic. Palette this, Green Man!

Seriously, the venue is pretty cool. The Church of Beer.

Dan Orley said...

Thanks for the review accolades. I wish they would just fix the problem rather than being assholes and sending lawyers. They won't be around much longer with that kind of attitude.

brownie said...

Such a shame. Such potential, especially for Colorado Springs. I'm not even sure how you could possibly fuck up that idea, but they seem to have done it pretty well.

Anonymous said...

It was fun to read - first world problems. Greetings from shitty Romania where I pray for such troubles.

brownie said...

All you get here are first world problems. My next post will be how it's so hard to keep up with $3000 mountain bikes while riding my $1500 riding bike.

I bet they have some sweet dive bars in Romania.

JM said...

Let me know when you get your cease and desist letter.