Sunday, December 12, 2010

2011

Here's what I got lined up so far for '11.

April 15 - Grand Canyon
June 12 - Garden 10 miler
June 25 - Western States (pace/crew/drink)
July 9 - Hardrock
Oct 16 - Denver Marathon
Oct TBA - Burnet Road Challenge

Quite a bit on the plate, should be another great year. Really looking forward to crewing and pacing, I've relied heavily on friends for those duties in the past but have never returned the favor.

After shooting for a PR in NOLA, everything will be geared towards Hardrock. I want to run 32:55 this year, a ten hour improvement from my first finish there. I refuse to acknowledge the possibility that I might not get selected in the lottery. Hopefully the Silverton Brewery and the great folks at the Montanya Distillery are lobbying Dale once again, reminding him of the economic impact my crew has at those businesses.

I'll also be shooting for a PR in the Ascent. My best is 3:07 and I think I can crush that. If things are going well I'll be gunning for a 2:49. No time to celebrate though, as I'll get off the mountain ASAP and head out to Leadville to crew/pace.

Less long road trips this year, and will be looking to run fewer miles (3000 will be the goal, with at least one rest day per week), so that'll give me more free time to work on some other stuff. Drinking beer, bagging more of the 14ers (I've done 28 of 'em), hopping on the mountain bike, working on my pathetic bouldering skills, visiting all the Colorado breweries, hashing more often.

Here's a shot of my perfect running form, kicking down the final meters of the Stocking Shuffle. Or maybe it's me practicing for the Mike the Headless Chicken Dance Contest, it's hard to tell the difference:

9 comments:

Unknown said...

If you get selected at HR again then there's some serious sucking going on

Jeremy said...

Jan 8 - Pikes Peak Supercross.

We need someone to do beer handups as we battle.

HappyTrails said...

That's a stout schedule - good luck!

MW said...

Going back to GC???

brownie said...

Yeah, I plan on jumping in that bike race on the 8th. I will not be getting on a bike between now and then.

Pretty sure I'll hit the GC at least once a year for the rest of my life. Love it down there. Not sure if I'll do another R2R2R or try some new trails this year.

Hone said...

Race whore!

GZ said...

A wave for BB. NO EXCUSES.

brownie said...

I think I'll nab an A wave qual in the 5K soon...

Anonymous said...

you better have something in the tank after the ascent, otherwise i'm gonna drop your ass at leadville.....