Wednesday, September 03, 2008

rock breakthrough?

Finally had a good post-Leadville workout, over at the rock gym. Did some long traverses for endurance, some good bouldering for strength, and my usual 101 push-ups and sit-ups, as well as a bunch of pull-ups and ankle alphabets. Had trouble gripping the steering wheel to drive home, always a good sign.

The big news, though, is I found out my CRUD buddy Paul is also a climber. And he just got a six month membership to the rock gym. He does more of the high stuff, but since he'll also be heading to the gym at lunch I'll have someone to do those types of climbs with. Really need to start getting better with the rocks, my trip to Hueco Tanks is coming up soon (Gaylord is supposed to go too, but I bet he'll bail). Paul also has the gear and knowledge to climb outside, and seemed up for a trip to Red Rock Canyon.

The icing on the cake was that the smokin' hot blonde chick was working the front desk, studying for some colledge class and playing more great tunes - including a Counting Crows cover of the Dead's "Friend of the Devil."

1 comment:

Jessi said...

I love that song!