Friday, September 26, 2008

all week long!

Finished up my week of riding to work. Figure I use around 1.5 gallons a day for the commute to and from work, so that saved me 7.5 gallons, roughly 26 bucks at this week's gas prices. If every American who drives to work could cut that out over an entire year, whether through riding a bike, taking the bus, or carpooling, our foreign policy issues might be a little easier to deal with. But we've become a country of fatties, so I don't see that happening. Gonna continue to try to ride once a week through the winter, no small task considering how miserable the winters can be here on the front range. Guessing I rode about 25 times over the past year or so (saving almost 40 gallons - almost three full tanks in my jeep - of gas).

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I love those stickers!

Gagger said...

I rode the bus yesterday and walked to lunch today. Gonna start riding the bus at least 3 times a week. Woot woot!

brownie said...

Austin has a pretty good transit system. Used to ride about once a week when I lived there.

Springs public transportation sucks ass.