Monday, September 22, 2008

Pony Express

Despite several Pikes Peak hashers committing to this and then bailing out because their pussy hurt, $100 and I managed to get up early Sunday morning for the Pony Express trail run, a low key 15 mile loop around Rampart Resovoir up in Woodland Park.

I had several excuses to bail on this one, including A) my legs were still cramped up from sleeping in the forced fetal position to keep from freezing to death; and B) the discovery that Firefly vodka is now sold in Colorado led to quite the hangover.

The problem with lame excuses, however, is that they usually keep one from doing cool stuff, like running the sweet singletrack trails around Rampart. And it's only $6 for this one, and that includes a nice horseshoe for finishing.

Feeling like shit, I put down 2:45 for my predicted time. I was only out there for a good workout, not looking to push it. I didn't push it, but as my legs were stretched out I was able to keep a decent pace and ended up finishing in 2:02.

Beautiful day out on the trails! Woohoo! Some pics from the run:


2 comments:

Gagger said...

Holy crap! What did you do to Katie?!

brownie said...

Like a good Kimchi harriette, she's building up the caluses on her knees!