Sunday, July 30, 2006

weekend runs

Last hard weekend before the Pikes races, and I made it count.

On Saturday morning I met up with a CRUD buddy and we had a great run. Started at Elk Park, elevation 11,800 feet. Ran down an incredibly beautiful trail to Barr Camp at 10,200 feet. From there we did the six mile summit to Pikes via the Barr trail (my 5th summit of Pikes since I moved here). Then we did the same route back to the car. 24 miles of hard, technical trail running, all above 10,200 feet! Woohoo! Got some awesome views of Pikes and the surrounding mountains along the Barr to Elk Park trail too.

Still managed to hit the Pikes Peak hash that afternoon too!

Legs were shot on Sunday morning, but I still managed a hike up the incline before heading up to the Boulder hash.

No comments: