Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Muscoco Mountain


Was able to spend the bulk of my July 4th outside today, so much better than being at work!

Day began with a climb ov Muscoco Mountain over in Cheyenne Canyon. Thought this was gonna be an easy climb, but it turned out to be something of a challenge with several steep sections. The peak was pretty cool though, with great views of Colorado Springs, Helen Hunt falls, Mount Cutler, Chenenne Mountain, and the rest of the canyon.

That's me at the top. Cheyenne Canyon was packed due to all the 4 July festivities, and the same was true for the Mount Cutler trail, but once I started off to Muscoco I didn't see anyone else until I was just leaving the summit.

Didn't take a whole lot of pics, but what I have are here.

Got down the mountain and decided to head out for a bike ride. Went over to Palmer Park, a short ride from my house. It was my first ride on technical trails since I moved here, so I wasn't expecting much. But I ended up doing pretty well, so I was happy. Got in a good 90 minute ride before the rains came and forced me off the trails.

Oh yeah, I've also already had eight hot dogs today. And I'm getting hungry again, so I may be able to break my current record. I'm not ready for the Coney Island hot dog eating contest quite yet, but maybe someday...

No comments: