Friday, July 07, 2006

let it rain!

We've been getting a ton of rain here in Colorado over the past few weeks. I guess the monsoon season has come early. And not just the run-for-your-life fierce thunderstorms in the higher elevations, it's been pretty wet all along the front range. Which is good, we had been in a pretty bad drought and all this rain has lessened the chances for a major forest fire. Plus, they're even gonna lift the ban on fires this weekend, so I'll be able to have a campfire next week on my Elbert trip. And I must say, riding to and from work in the rain has been quite fun!

The bad news is that it's wet all the time. And muddy. Great for running and biking, but those conditions ended up cancelling the trail building day I was supposed to take part in tomorrow with the local Medicine Wheel. I was looking forward to that, I was gonna help build a brand new trail and then come back and ruin it by having hashers traverse it. Oh well.

But hey, at least now I'll get to do my first Colorado Kimche hash. Plus, the start for that is at a bar within walking distance from my house. And the bar has both PBR and Old Style! Woohoo!

2 comments:

Gagger said...

Say hi to Nuthin' But Net and C4 for me at the Kimche Hash!

Spotty said...

Yeah, mee too! and tell them private eyes are watching them. ha ha.

You're not gonna believe this but it's been raining in Texas for the last week straight and predictions for the next week. Yesterday it rained then cleared up 3 times in Brenham. Waahh, I wanna enjoy my pool!

(note..my word ver starts with jt...)