Monday, October 31, 2022

Quandary

Got in my 17th consecutive calendar month with a 14er on Friday with PT and Mookie.  Already quite a bit of snow up high.

Mook and I drove out Thursday evening for some quality van time.  We were greeted by a bunch of weird signs, which weren't there when I last hiked Q in February.



 Solid hike, though a bit slow due to all the snow.  Mook loved it.





On Saturday I headed up to Palmer Lake for the annual Creepy Crawl 5k.  This can be a fast course if the weather cooperates.  It wasn't terrible, but after a downhill first mile with a tailwind, which I hit in six flat, turning around to run uphill into the wind kind of broke my spirit.  Finished the race in 19:32, but my garmin had it at a bit less than 5k, so I walked the extra distance and still snuck in under 20, though just barely in 19:58.

Saturday afternoon was the annual brewery marathon which turned into the usual shitshow.  I showed up to run the Fall Series on Sunday, but needless to say I'm not a threat to win my age group anymore.

No comments: