Sunday, October 23, 2022

XC

Good times up in Boulder for the masters 5k cross country race.  I had not run an XC race since high school and I forgot how much suffering was involved.  Less than a mile into the race you hit the big climb, a short but steep stretch you run twice, and I was completely gassed.  From there it was all about hanging on and not imploding too much.  6:26, 6:55, and 7:07 for the mile splits, finishing in 21:15.  Not a great race for me, but not a disaster.  My earlier statement of a possible sub 19 was not a realistic goal for this course.  Results aren't posted yet and I'm interested in seeing how I did versus all these old people.

So much fun and I'm looking forward to more of this kind of stuff in the near future.

Thanks to Shad and Amy for the pics.





1 comment:

GZ said...

Good on ya. You would have whipped my ass but we both would have been sorely crushed by the GOAT: Gerald B.