Monday, October 17, 2022

catching up

Good times down in Trinidad.  I had a solid ride, covering the 100 mile course in just under eight hours.  I handicapped myself real good - I had a very heavy bike and I refused to utilize pace lines.  But I got the job done in time to enjoy some of the finer joints of T-dad.  Grandma's, Sexy Pizza, Moose's, and the Dad Lounge among them.

Not much during the week but I did have a solid fall series race on Sunday.  I'm in a battle for an age group award, and the other guy and I ran together for the first two miles.  I put in a good surge and got away from him, hitting 5k in 19:34, but I barely hung on.  Good tune up for the masters cross country race this Saturday, thinking I might go sub 19 there.

For the week:

run - 31 miles, 5.5 hours

ride - 26 miles, 2.5  hours

hike - 24 miles, 9.5 hours

No comments: