Sunday, November 06, 2022

Boulder XC

Another cross country race up in Boulder on Saturday.  We took the van up to the Front Range Inn in Lakewood as they let you park overnight in the lot.  Boulder early Saturday morning, greeted by significant snow still on the ground and high winds.

It was a successful day even before the race started as I got to meet one of my all time favorite runners:

I ran a good race, starting a bit slower and moving up through the field over the final half of the race.  The conditions were crazy - slippery snow the whole way - so not a fast day but I still managed a 20:49 off miles of 6:59, 6:48, and 6:46.


Another bonus was that I got to run the masters race and then watch the open race.  BStap usually doesn't bother with a run unless it's at least 30 miles but he did pretty well, dueling and then outkicking the top female.


Carson did not do pretty well, dueling with nobody and definitely not outkicking anybody.

After everyone was done running we headed up to Nederland.  We had planned to sleep up there, but there was a ton of snow, and it was snowing, so we hit Very Nice Brewing before heading back down to the Front Range Inn for the night.

Solid week for me.  At some point I'll start biking a lot more.

run - 38 miles, 6.5 hours

ride - 25 miles, 2.5 hours

hike - 24 miles, ten hours

No comments: