Sunday, November 20, 2022

19:51

Had big goals of a sub 19 at the Pumpkin Pie 5k in Denver yesterday.  Got up there and it was cold AF and the entire course was covered in ice.  Hate to make excuses but the course just kept me from going all out, each step worrying me about a fall and injury.  Still a solid run for me though.  Lots of fast dudes as this was the Colorado 5k road champs.  32 dudes and two chicks crushed me, but they were all young and somehow I came away with the age group win.  Saw some good peeps at the race and caught up with Shad at Over Yonder after the run.

Turkey Trot on Thursday, which will be a jog for me as I have the Seattle 'thon on Saturday.  If all goes well I'll get state number 25 in the books.  Going to go out at 3:30 pace, but give my lack of long runs I'll probably start falling apart around 18 miles.  Only goal is to get to the finish line.

No comments: