Thursday, July 09, 2020

KOM fail/bike commute 50

Sunday - easy 7.4 mile run on the Garden roads followed by a nice 28 mile bike cruise around the local paved trails, ending at Fossil.  Pretty tore up from the long mountain days on Fri and Sat.

Mon - 5.4 mile Garden road run in the AM, 14.6 mile COVID loop bike ride in the PM.

Tues - bike commute 49.  10.7 miles to work, 11.2 miles home.  Good CityRock session over lunch.

Wed - run commute 42.  I have never had a strava KOM in my life, but there is a segment on my usual run to work, on the Midland trail from 25th (Smiling Toad Brewing) to 8th.  I decided to go for it.  I went as hard as I could.  Literally thought I might pass out while crossing 8th street.  And I fucking whiffed.


I'll keep trying but I'm not really sure how to get those seven seconds.  I ran as hard as I could.  It's only a 1.1 mile section and I was running 5:34/mi pace.  And I was lucky enough to have zero traffic at the street crossings.

When I use my strava douchebag filter I feel much better about myself.


I was a hot mess for a while at the office after the effort.  Did run home but it was super slow.

Thurs - $100 and the dog are down helping out some friends on the Colorado Trail, so this morning was an easy (I was still sore) 4.5 miles in the Garden, some guitar practice, and bike commute 50.  And another lunch hour at CityRock.

2 comments:

The Padre said...

Crush It Brother Pitt - That Leader Had A Tailwind For Sure - Shave Off A Few Seconds - Its In Ya - Also, Hows The Picking Treating Ya??

Cheers

brownie said...

Still playing every day! Unfortunately I don't think I'm an undiscovered Derek Trucks. Still have trouble switching between chords. But I can definitely see improvement.