Monday, April 13, 2020

tortoise & hare 5k

Actually did two virtual things on Saturday.  The first was a virtual 5k dog walk to benefit the Ark Valley Humane Society in Salida.  Signed up for this a while ago thinking we'd make a van weekend out of it.  We went through the Garden over to the Buffalo Bike Lodge, where they had an adult lemonade stand, then made our way over to Trails End for some mason jars of various IPAs.


Before the drinking could commence I headed up to Holmes middle school for the virtual Tortoise & Hare 5k.  The goal was to break 20 and I accomplished that, running 19:19.  Mile splits were 6:14, 6:13, and 6:09.  Pretty happy with the result.  I had thought I was in shape to run sub 90 at Platte River, and I think this shows I at least had a shot at that.

The race had 418 finishers including runners from Arizona, California, Texas, Hawaii, Washington, Great Britain, (including this guy), Ireland, New Zeland, and Slovakia.

Ran the 5k shirtless.  70F and sunny.  Woke up today with several inches of snow on the ground.

2 comments:

dr. Slow Ride said...

This guy also got Carys and Jana (another Great Britain and the Slovakian, both of whom work in the same labs as me) to run this. Probably could have got a couple more. Cheers for the heads up about these runs, though.

brownie said...

Next one is the monthly Nielsen two miler on May 2.