Thursday, April 09, 2020

bike commute 27

Monday - my new work from home day.  Still got up early to hike the dog and run 7.3 miles on the Garden trails.

Tues - bike commute 26.  On the ride home I broke quarantine and dropped by to say hello to my dog Moose.

Wed - run commute 24.  4.2 miles to work and 5.4 home through Sondermann Park. 

Thurs - bike commute 27.  Back through Sondermann Park.

Still doing the daily garage workouts and they are starting to pay off. 

I realize I have a lot of RWPD type problems associated with this COVID thing - bars and breweries closing, the climbing gym shut down, the no-refund policies of a few races I missed.  But tonight I was supposed to be seeing Pearl Jam in Denver and I'm mildly bummed.  But somehow I will survive.

Sucks about people getting sick and croaking for sure, but if one can turn away from CNN for a few minutes you will notice there has been a lot of good going on out there.  Decreased air pollution.  Lots more folks enjoying the outdoors.  Musicians doing live shows from their living rooms.  Folks taking up new hobbies.

Including a ton of people either starting, or upping their game, on the guitar.  So no shit a few days ago I dug up an old guitar that had been sitting in our basement.  And I played it.  Saturday, literally, was the first time I had ever played a guitar.  And I have played every day since.  And if I told you I was going to play the first few seconds of Come As You Are, and I played it, you might be able to actually recognize the song.  So we'll see where that all goes.

No comments: