Tuesday, January 14, 2020

weekend/stabbings/remains

Fri - bike commute five.  We have basically turned into a two vehicle family, but one of those vehicles is a huge van which is a pain in the ass to drive around the city.  So today I had to bike to work, then bolt at lunch to bike to/from a dentist appointment, and then ride home.  And somehow I survived.  Incline five after work.

Sat - nice early morning visit to the Bear Creek Dog Park followed by the first race in the PPRR Winter Series.  Difficult 5K course with three big hills and lots of ice, so I was happy with barely breaking 21 minutes.



Then it was Black Forest Brewing, then Bull & Bush, then Sancho's, then a few more bars before heading to the Mission Ballroom to see the Infamous Stringdusters.  Needless to say I was a bit of a hot mess for the show, but it was a great time. 

Sun - hungover, but still got out for a run.  Tried to hit the track at East High School but it was all locked up, so I did a big loop of City Park.

Mon/Tues commutes - some weird stuff going on in the Springs.  Around 1AM on Monday there was a weird stabbing spree that started on the Midland Trail and proceeded down to America The Beautiful Park along my normal commute route.  The dude then rolled up to the Tony's area and stabbed some more people.  I ran this route on Tuesday morning and saw blood on the paved path.  And on Monday as I was riding home north on the Santa Fe trail, they had a huge portion of the park, near the start of the Nielsen Challenge, covered in police tape with a huge police presence.  Turns out they found some human remains there

Clearly all this is a sign that I should stop going to work!

3 comments:

The Padre said...

So The Ballroom, You Dig It??

Sounds Like The Pregame Show Went Well

This Copy Picks Up The Audience Talking Non-Stop

https://archive.org/details/isd2020-01-11.SP_CMC_8.24bit

How Were The Extra Drummers?? Cool Covers!! Time Wise, Not Bad At All

Cheers

brownie said...

I liked the Mission, but didn't love it. Would rather see a show at the Fillmore.

Yeah, the drummer was a great addition. I'm probably in the minority but I'd like to see the Dusters add a full time drummer.

The Padre said...

I Completely Agree On BOTH Fronts!!

Be Well,
Cheers

P.S. Garrett just left Hawaii after two weeks, Philippines , and then Guam. All on AF after graduation. He will then start Leadership Programs at Stanford this Summer and then go Full Time for his Masters in the Fall at Stanford. Amazing Kid