Tuesday, January 28, 2020

incline 9

Fri - incline number seven with the Cadet.  Her first night incline.  Her uncle and I spent every Friday (and Thursday, and Saturday, and Sunday...) night drinking heavily so at least she is ahead of us in that regard.

Sat - winter series two at Cheyenne Mountain State Park.  I had a really good run.  For just over three miles of the 3.75 mile (was supposed to be four flat but the RD sucks) course I was dueling, and losing to, a twelve year old girl.  I remember this same girl two years ago, at age ten, hanging out just ahead of me for 2.5 miles the last time I went sub 18 at a 5k.  I am definitely not getting any faster, and this girl is still not beating me.  What the fuck is wrong with parents nowadays?


Took advantage of the warm weather to head out for a quick mountain bike ride after the race.  Still icy at Red Rock Canyon but it was good to be reminded that I haven't been climbing much on the bike.  Ended the ride at Fossil.

Good numbers for the week considering it's winter.

hike - 24 miles
bike - 58 miles, 5:41
run - 30 miles, 5:30

Sun - incline 8 & 9.  Solid double.  Plus an hour of hot yoga in the evening.

Mon - today was the annual homeless census so my day was all over the place.  I did get to the track in the evening for 8 x 200m.  Comical how slow my 200m speed is nowadays, but getting to the track is better than not getting to the track.  I have made it through January with one incline and one track/race per week.

Tues - bike commute eleven.

I have a Colorado Mountain Club avalanche class this week (Tues and Thurs classroom sessions, then two outdoor sessions on Sat and Sun) and the CMC ice climbing class next week.  So that should put a good dent in training.  I am not looking to pick up snow sports but I need these prerequisites for the CMC High Altitude Mountaineering School that ends with a climb of Rainier. 

No comments: