Sunday, January 05, 2020

incline 4

Thurs - bike commute one.  21.5 miles on the day.  And a good lunch climb at CityRock.

Fri - bike commute two.  Ten miles to work, four back home, followed by my second incline of the year.

Sat - I want to commit to one incline and one track session or race every week in 2020.  So I hopped on the bike and rode over to Monument Valley Park for the two mile Nielsen Challenge.  Not a great run for me, I was still 100 meters from the start line when the gun went off, then I had to work through hundreds of runners on the bike path, a good chunk of which was covered in ice.  But I ran hard, hitting mile one in 6:38 and coming back in 6:05 to finish in 12:52.

After that we packed up the van and headed down to Fremont County.  First stop was Florence Mountain Park where we hiked Newlin Creek.  Awesome trail and we will definitely go back once the snow and ice melt, will be a great summer hike with the dog.  After the hike we hit up Florence Brewing before heading out to Oil Well Flats.  Got there without much daylight left, so after another quick dog hike we got a good fire going.  Early return on Sunday as we had to pick up our cadet at the airport at 8:30AM.

Sun - two trips up the Incline.  Eight miles took me almost three hours.  An hour of hot yoga to end the weekend.

No comments: