Monday, October 14, 2019

weekend

Fantastic weekend here in the Springs.  On Friday we found out the Dirty Dozen Brass Band was in town.  Dropped by Red Leg on our way to help them celebrate their silver medal at GABF for the Howitzer Amber.


Then went over to the Ent Center for the show.  Not my favorite venue ever but holy shit what a great show!





Made the poor but awesome decision to hit up Murphy's on the way home.  Which kind of sabotaged my race on Saturday, the Cheyenne Mountain Run.  Had a good training day, but I was hoping to run a bit faster.  Wasn't a complete disaster though, and it was a good three hour long run for me.

Relive 'Cheyenne Mountain'


       
After the run we headed up to the Air Force football game.  Exciting game to watch as there wasn't much defense, and Air Force ended up with the win. 



Not sure how much longer we'll have great weather, so I took advantage of Sunday.  1.5 hour hike with the dog in the Garden, seven mile run on the Garden roads, then two hours on the bike in Red Rock Canyon.  Then $100 and I grabbed the climbing gear and headed back over to Red Rock Canyon.  Nobody died, so I'd call that outing successful.  Here's a shot of my rappel after cleaning all the gear:


No comments: