Wednesday, January 23, 2019

run commute 5

Tuesday.  We got a nice snow/ice storm overnight.  And super cold temps.  Dog was having nothing to do with a walk.  Then work got cancelled.  I shoveled the sidewalks and went back to bed.  Would have been a complete waste on the workout front, but later in the day I took the bus downtown and hit up CityRock for a good climb.

Still cold on Wednesday, and the sidewalks and streets were a mess.  15F when the dog and I went out for an hour hike.  14F when I started my run to work.  Only objective on that run was to avoid frostbite and not break my neck.  3.5 miles in 35 minutes.  Good CityRock session at lunch.  Four miles back home followed by some yoga.

January is almost over.  At least in February I can start dreaming about warmer temps.

The Phish tickets change the summer schedule a bit, as I won't be able to do the Creede Mountain Run.  We were planning on a road trip in between Pikes and Creede.  We will still take a long road trip, but we are in new discussions as to where and when to go.

No comments: