Saturday, February 03, 2018

January

Pretty good month of doing shit.  And by doing shit, I mean getting out there and doing a little bit of everything.

Running - 150 miles, 30 hours
Biking - 123 miles, 16 hours
Hiking - 85 miles, 33 hours
Accolade - nine trips
CityRock - 17 trips

I am a huge fan of the Dirtbag Diaries, and their latest annual year of big ideas really resonated with me.  Fitz talked about finding joy in being mediocre, and it hit home for me since that's where I've been for a while.  I really love getting after it everyday, but as far as big events go, I don't get excited to hurt anymore.  So I've unofficially adopted what Fitz called "joyous mediocrity" as my new slogan.


That being said, here are the goals for the rest of the year.

Running - JFK 50 miler
Biking - Cup 'o Dirt Challenge
Hiking - CO Trail
Climbing - climb outside once

None of those will require a whole lot of training for me, especially since I have no time goals.  Which is awesome, because it opens up more time to explore the area by van.

And I'm thankful I have the opportunity to do the shit I do.  Not everyone is so lucky.  I spent the last week counting the homeless population down here.  Here's a shot of me utilizing my mad slackline skills to keep my feet dry.


No comments: