Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Rock Canyon Half

I figured I was in 1:40 shape, and that's when I told $100 to expect me, but I was definitely down in Pueblo to take a crack at 1:30.  I did well for the first seven miles.  And after that, I didn't do so well.  Not a complete epic failure as I've been known to post on occasion, but I was clearly running faster than I was in shape for.  Ended up crossing the line in 1:31:09.  And that effort crushed me, I was sore all the next day and now I've come down with some shitty flu like thing and I haven't done anything since Sunday.

I had a bet with Jeff and I felt like that 91 would be solid.  He was running CIM and the bet was my Rock Canyon vs his second half.  He finally proved he had a sack and not only won that bet, but went sub three for the first time.  Must be something about that course - his 2:59:22 was only good for 400 millionth 585th place.

I am signed up for two more halves - the Super Half here in the Springs and Platte River - and I'll take one last shot at a sub 90 before retiring from a sub 90 guy to the friendlier sub 100 club.

We did get to take the van out over the weekend.  Lake Pueblo State Park (great place to camp, though steep at $18 per night) on Friday night, and then Music Pass on Saturday night.

No comments: