Sunday, December 17, 2017

incline 35, 36, & 37

I got up to run on Friday morning but it was 18F so I went to the gym instead.  25th trip to Accolade this year.

Did hit the Incline on Friday after work with $100 and the dog.  Much better weather in the evening than the morning.

On Saturday there was a combined CRUD/Sunrise Striders double Incline run and I got my ass out of bed for it.  Doozy of a workout.  Ten miles in just under 3.5 hours.


Also slogged out an 18 miler on the bike.  Chasing that 3000 mile goal.

Kept busy all day Saturday.  After the ride we took the dog to Old Colorado City.  She is taking another class through All Breed Rescue & Training.  It's their outdoor adventure series of classes, and in this one we just go to busy places and work on having the dog behave.  The dog is crushing the classes so far.

Saturday night was the annual Verly Hudson Manitou pub crawl, BLOS and I have been doing this for almost a decade now.  Started at the Royal Tavern, then hit the Townhouse, Stagecoach, the Keg, and Kinfolk's.  Needless to say I'm a bit foggy this morning.

Major first world problems here in the Springs as a stupid blue picture frame was installed in the Garden of the Gods.  Been a lot of pissed off folks about it, and I hope it is taken down soon.  I also wish the powers that be would stop sucking off the USOC.  I love watching the Olympics but if you're paying any level of attention at all you have to associate anything Olympic related to scandal and corruption.


The dog says the Garden is just fine as it is without catering to the mayor's wife and her tone deaf pet projects.


1 comment:

Bob Johnson said...

George Hayduke would hate that picture frame.