Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Wisconsin

$100 and I will be heading out to Wisconsin over the July 4th holiday.  You might think all we do on these WI trips is drink New Glarus and eat cheese, and that is mostly correct, but we will be participating in a championship event this time around:


Yes, we are entered in the Wisconsin State Wife Carrying Championship.  Winner gets $5 per pound of the person who is carried, the carried person's weight in beer, and the honor of competing in the North American Wife Carrying Championship in Maine.

I saw a video of the couple who won the last two years, and needless to say we will not be competing for the win.  In fact I think this will be only slightly more impressive than the time I tried to run the steeplechase in Boulder.  Should be fun though, and I am going to rock this t-shirt when I return to Colorado.

We will also be running the De Forest Freedom Run 10K that morning.  I tend to run well in Wisconsin so I'll probably try to go sub 40.

4 comments:

Tom said...

I like to carry my wife front side.

Unknown said...

This is the best thing I have read all day.

Williams said...

very interesting, good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog.
Get Free Robux

Williams said...

After a long time i have found a post like this and want appreciate it from my heart. Visit my profile Jannnet Ballard