Tuesday, November 08, 2016

weekend update

Another spring-like weekend in November. 

Ran the Nielsen Challenge, the final challenge in the Brewers' Cup.  Wanted to push the pace to see where the fitness is.  Hit the first mile in 5:55 and was happy with that, but things fell apart quickly.  Came back in 6:25.  Ugh.  But it's a start.

On Sunday we went over to the Canya Canon 6K.  Love that course, and I ran hard.  Reminded me of a high school cross country type effort.  There is a long straight away at mile two, and I could just catch a glimpse of PG, and I was happy with that.  But once again, I was not great over the second half and faded slightly, though I ran about as hard as I could.  Just over half an hour for the hilly 3.6 mile course.

Photos stolen from Pikes Peak Sports:


More importantly, my wife and my dog crushed it.



Got in 100 miles on the bike on the strength of another 100K ride.  Low weekly running mileage, 25, as I ended up bailing on a Friday evening run to sit at Fossil and get drunk, which also put the kebash on a planned ten miler Saturday before the Nielsen.  Such is life during the off season.  I have been hitting the rock gym quite a bit lately, so at least there's that.

3 comments:

GZ said...

Since we might both be getting healthy enough, it might be time to create an injury circumstance by declaring a show down race between us.

brownie said...

I am looking, maybe Wash Park or the Castle Rock area. But aren't you a mountain biker now?

GZ said...

I was for like a week.